Planning for Personal Freedom – 2 Days
This two-day workshop is designed for participants who are age 40 and older and would like to evaluate their ability to maintain their lifestyle at a chosen retirement date.
The workshop will help participants to:
- identify and address any immediate issues with respect to a retirement plan
- provide a planning framework to help in planning long term goals
- provide specific information in the key areas of lifestyle, finance and estate
The workshop will focus on some of the following issues:
- Will you have enough income? How much is enough?
- The role of an employee pension and how does it fit with other pensions and income from savings?
- Can you maintain your lifestyle at retirement?
- With nearly fifty percent of Canadians invested in a market that is volatile, what are the implications of a financial plan?
- Legal and estate planning
How to recognize the priorities for decision making that may have a long-term impact on greater life satisfaction in retirement?
Playing Your Cards Right
This one-day seminar can give you a new perspective on retirement where lifestyle is the focus and income is designed to make it happen! The content is unique and fun to work with.
The workshop will help participants to:
- Determine what is involved in the process of planning retirement
- Learnt the elements of a retirement plan
- Understand how to put together a personal retirement income plan
This workshop will look at a variety of issues including:
- How does the prospect of longer life affect how you plan your income?
- Will you have enough money? How much is enough?
- With nearly fifty percent of Canadians invested in a market that is volatile, what are the implications as you get closer to retirement?
- How can you ensure that legal and estate plans fit personal needs in retirement?
- Can you maintain your lifestyle at retirement? How do you recognize the priorities for decision making that may have a long-term impact on greater life satisfaction in retirement?
- How can you recognize the priorities for decision making that may have long-term impact on greater life satisfaction in retirement?
Charting Your Course – 1 or 2 days
This workshop for employees under age 45, provides participants (and their partners) with an opportunity to set priorities and receive professional advice on implementation. Some issues the workshop will cover are
- Is it better to pay off your mortgage or invest in the stock market for growth?
- How do you manage debt and credit?
- Are the new RESPs an appropriate tool for saving for children’s education?
- Is there such a thing as too much life insurance?
- Are you paying too much tax – and if you are, how can you pay less (legally, of course)?
- How do you save when all your money is needed to fund a lifestyle?
- How do you know if you are financially sick?
- How do you find a good financial advisor?
- If your partner dies, is there a way to ensure that you do not have to probate the estate?
- How do you protect yourself from the cost of long-term illness, particularly when the government seems to be cutting back on services?
- Isn’t life about having fun – why even bother with creating a plan?
5 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me Before I Retired
One of the major reasons to engage in a retirement plan is to “avoid making major errors.” Too often retirees say, “If only someone had told me, I would have …” This session will provide both working tools and background information to help you move your retirement plan beyond the money issues and toward the lifestyle you would like to lead.
This workshop can stand alone or can be followed by the workshop titled, How Much is Enough?
How Much Is Enough?
One of the most frequently asked questions about retirement planning is the proverbial “How much is enough?” This three-hour session will walk you through the financial aspects of retirement helping you to live the life you want to lead in retirement. We will walk through calculations and real life retirement planning examples. We will go through how RRSPs, taxes, and investments play a role to help you maximize your retirement income.
Book a Workshop
To book a workshop or discuss cost, please contact us.